5 Benefits of Scheduling Tasks you should knowMarch 4, 2017
5 ways you can learn more this yearMarch 4, 2017
As women, one of the things we need to learn is how to better manage our finances and ensure that we are spending money, investing, and saving the right way we ought to.
Why the need for this? A better-managed finance indicates that we are careful with our resources and we look forward to how well we will use our income.
This is one of the areas I like to research more about because it is an important subject that people are sometimes shy to talk about.
Recently, we have had a lot of people talking more about personal finance as well as personal finance for women.
It has become a subject that people are now paying attention to. And so, if you want to better manage your personal finance; here are some things you might want to consider:
- Set realistic goals: don’t just set finance goals; you need to set realistic goals. You need to set finance goals are that SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, and Timely). For instance, how much do you intend to spend in a month? How much do you want to save and how will you ensure that you are on track with such goals?
- Have a workable budget: also, when creating budgets, ensure that your budget is workable. It should be something that you can easily work with. In addition, you need to stick with the budget.
- Educate yourself about finances: read more about finances, enlighten yourself about finances. Listen to a podcast or watch TV shows about personal finances, etc.
- Invest wisely: it is good to invest; this is something most finance experts advise people to do. However, you need to also remember that you need to invest wisely, and not just invest.
- Don’t embark on emotional spending: don’t just buy anything just because you just want to buy it or because you hope it will help you improve your mood. Do you actually need it? Do you need that new lipstick? Do you already have a dress like the one you are about to purchase?
- Learn from your mistakes: what personal finance mistakes have you made before? Have you learnt from them? What lessons can you learn from them?
- Be creative: what do you want to spend money on that you can creatively do on your own, without spending money on it?
- Be content: you also need to be content with what you have.
- Monitor how you spend your money: when you monitor how you spend your money, it is easy to detect how much you are spending on what and what which area you need to cut down your spending. When you keep track of your spending, you are able to measure how you spend your money. Remember, you can’t really manage the things you don’t measure.
- Have a savings account: you also need to have a savings account where you save part of your income. This is another important way you can manage your personal finance.
Ayishat Amoo is a Christ follower who is passionate about encouraging people, and motivating people to be better. She is a voracious reader, researcher, as well as a fashion enthusiast.