Before now, I never knew the importance of signing off my emails.
I would just stop at whatever it is I wanted to say, without tying the loose ends of my correspondence or message. Then, I would write and then hit the send button and immediately close the email after ensuring that my message has been sent.
Not too long after that, I started signing off my emails, even if I started signing them off wrongly, but then at least I started signing them off. Soon after that, I started paying close attention to how people signed off their mails; what they said, the kind of words they used, and so on.
I even went further to research about email signatures, and then I realised what I was missing out on all these while when it comes to email signatures, and how I could have made good use of my email signatures right from time.
And so, here are 5 ways you probably didn’t know you can make use of your email signature:
- To drive traffic to your website: yes, you can use your email signature to drive traffic to your website. How can you do this? You can do this by simply adding a link to your website; whether a personal website or business website in your email signature. This can attract people and make them want to click the link and visit your website. As a result, you get more traffic to your website.
- Add links to your social media profile: another way you can efficiently use your email signature is by including links to your social media profiles in your signature. This can enable people to follow you on social media and connect with you online. You can also include links to your business social media profiles as well.
- You can include links to your products/services: you can also include links to some of your products or services in your email signature. This will help people easily access the products or service and purchase them. In addition, you can also include links to some of your works you will like to showcase or you want people to download or read.
- To give updates about your business: you can also use your email signature to tell your customers or target audience about new products or new things that would interest them, concerning your business.
- To invite people to an event: you might also have upcoming events you would like to let the public know about. You can include links to details of such events in your email signature.
It is important to also note that you can use email signature templates online, if you want to use a template to create your email signature. You can find different email signature templates that you can use online to create your own email signature. Make it professional, clean, and simple.
You don’t have to use a template if you don’t need to. Just ensure you make good use of your email signatures!
What do you think? Kindly share your comments in the comment section below.