Editor’s letter, The Designers Issue 2017, C. Hub MagazineMay 19, 2017
C. Hub Magazine 30 Creative Influencers Under 30, 2017 (12): Meet Princewill Ejirika – 28 years oldMay 23, 2017
Productivity is something everyone wants to learn more about. We are all on the look out for one productivity tip or the other.
At one point in time or another, we all want to learn how we can achieve more with distractions and not just be busy; but productive.
To show you how important the subject matter is, some people specializes in teaching/writing/talking about productivity.
Therefore, we can’t but not take a look at this subject matter. Here are 10 UNIQUE productivity tips for that person who wants to learn how to be more productive:
- Organize. Organize. Organize: One of the easy ways to be more productive is to organize your workspace, desk, or workstation. When you remove clutter and organize your workspace; you give yourself the opportunity to think freely and get to work without distractions.
- Set out Time to Check your Inbox: except your work requires you to check your inbox every time, then you can do that. However, if your work doesn’t require that, set out time daily to check your emails. Checking emails at the sound of every email notification may be time-wasting if your work doesn’t require you to do that.
- Do the Right Things: don’t just embark on any project, task, or assignment; ensure that you do the right types of tasks. Remember, productivity is not about doing things; it is about doing the right things.
- Schedule. Schedule. Schedule: one of the things that have really helped me when in terms of productivity is scheduling. Schedule your work, in fact, if you can schedule in batches, it is better. Want to do some things this month? Why don’t you schedule all of them for the month at once?
- Know your Strengths and Weaknesses: what are the things you can do best, and what are some of the things you can’t do? Would it be better to delegate those things you can’t do yourself?
- Stop Overpromising: if you are met with a client who wants an unrealistic goal achieved in a day; have a rethink. Can you really do it or not. Whether you can or not, honestly communicate it to the client.
- Buffer Time: if you need to complete a task in 3 days, why don’t you give yourself 2 days to complete it? This will help you meet the deadline and prevent unnecessary rush.
- Know when you are More Productive: for me, I am more productive in the morning. That is when I love getting so much done. And so, whenever I wake up early and do the things I need to do, I fell productive throughout that day. Do you know when you are more productive?
- Schedule Time for Breaks: breaks shouldn’t be negotiable. You need to be intentional about breaks. After about 90 minutes of work, you can take 15 to 20 minutes break time to get refreshed and rejuvenated. This will make you feel more productive.
- Sleep: sleep! Stop skipping sleep. Sleep when you need to.
Have more unique productivity tips? Share them with us in the comments below!