Israel Announces 3-week Nationwide Coronavirus Lockdown as a result of soaring cases of the novel coronavirus cases “with an option that it will be extended” PM Netanyahu said
Lockdown is set to begin on Friday. This comes just hours before the start of Jewish New Year and the High Holidays.
Israelis will have to stay within 500 meters of their homes.
There have been more than 38,000 new confirmed active cases of coronavirus in Israel. This accounts for about 25% of all confirmed cases in the country since the start of the outbreak.
A breakdown of the lockdown:
– minimal public sector workforce
– private sector as normal w/o any public reception
– all educational facilities shut
– indoor gatherings limited to 10
– outdoor gatherings limited to 20
– restrictions on movement beyond 500m.