Protest: Where is Buhari? Nigerians in UK demand.February 6, 2017
Power Dressing in the modern woman’s own termsFebruary 6, 2017
As a career woman, one of the things you need to constantly do is to improve yourself.
Improve your skills, learn new ways of doing things better, be aware of advancements in your chosen field of endeavor, as well as read good books.
Books are among the various ways one can enlighten oneself in an inexpensive way. As a career woman, you need to read books, not just books, but good books that will equip and enrich your mind.
Some of us have goals and dreams we want to achieve this year, part of which might be to read more good books, or to learn more. With that in mind, here are some career books that can benefit you as a career woman:
- The Girl Entrepreneurs: this book was written by Ibukun Awosika. Ibukun Awosika is the founder and CEO of The Chair Centre Group, and she serves on a number of boards. In her book, she profiled some female entrepreneurs who have carved a niche for themselves in business. Also, we read about challenges, strategies, and motivations of these women. It gives us insight into the entrepreneurial journey of female entrepreneurs in Nigeria.
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change: this book is a classic, and it is still one of the bestselling books in the market. The book relates to both our professional lives and personal lives. This book is written by Stephen Covey Dr Stephen Covey (1932-2012). He takes readers through habits needed to be developed in areas of productivity, time management, positive thinking, developing your “proactive muscles”, etc. However, before incorporating the changes advised in the book, Stephen Covey makes us know that an individual need to have a paradigm shift. The seven habits are: Be Proactive, Begin with the End in Mind, Put First Things First, Think Win/Win, Seek first to Understand; then to Be Understood, Synergize, and Sharpen the Saw.
- Taming the To-Do List: this book is written by Glynnis Whitwer, and it gives a lot of information about living, work, productivity, and overwhelming schedules. It looks at issues like time management and procrastination. It is useful in helping us understand how not to be too busy for our own good, and how to do the important tasks we need to do. Also, it makes us know how to choose our best work over busy work.
- Smart Money Woman: this book tells a story about Zuri, a fictional 28-year-old lady. It gives insight on her financial journey. Arese Ugwu, the writer of this book makes us understand that a smart money woman needs to make money, save money, and grow her money. It is an interesting read as it gives financial advice in a unique way. This book also offers readers exercises to do to help them with their finances.
- A-Z of Personal Finance: this book won’t only help you in your career; it will also help in issues like finances, investing, and so on. This book gives actionable advice on how to effectively handle your personal finance. This book is written by Nimi Akinkugbe. She is the founder and CEO of Bestman Games Ltd, the African distributor of customised editions of Hasbro’s Monopoly board game. There is something for you in the book, no matter where you are in your career or professional journey. It is useful in helping us know how to handle our finances.