5 ways you probably didn’t know you can make use of your email signatureFebruary 23, 2017
The Pre Fall Trends You Need To Know About Right NowFebruary 25, 2017
Taking good care of your hair is important and beneficial.
Your hair needs to grow the way it ought to grow, and one of the ways it grows the way it ought to grow is by you taking good care of it. No matter the hair texture you have or your hair type, you need to take good care of your hair.
And so, here are some hair care tips black women need to know:
- Moisturize your hair regularly: it is no longer news that moisturizing your hair is important. Your hair needs moisture and you need to moisturize it regularly. You can moisturize your hair with water or with water-based moisturizers or products.
- Deep condition your hair: whenever I deep condition my hair, I feel like I am treating my hair and giving it exactly what it needs. You need to deep condition your hair frequently, for instance, you can deep condition your hair once in every two weeks, depending on what your hair needs.
- Protect your edges: you need to protect your edges and ensure that you take care of your scalp adequately. Also, you need to ensure that your hair stylist doesn’t pull your hair too tight.
- Sleep with a satin bonnet: in order to avoid friction or frizz and as well as retain your hair growth, you need to sleep with a satin bonnet or wrap your hair in a silk scarf when you want to sleep.
- Avoid applying heat to your hair: as much as you can, avoid applying heat to your hair.
- Purchase good hair care products: it is important to also pay attention to the type of hair care products you use. Check the ingredients of the products you use and ensure that they don’t have some harmful ingredients to the hair such as sodium lauryl sulfate, isopropyl alcohol, etc.
- Find a good hair stylist or educate your hair stylist on how to handle your hair: one of the things important to the growth of your hair is finding a good hair stylist that will know how to take care of your hair. However, through your researchers on how to take care of your hair, you can educate your stylist about how to care for your hair properly.
- Protein treatment: at intervals, you can treat your hair give your hair a protein treatment. Protein treatments can help strengthen your hair. You can make a DIY protein treatment or you can buy a good protein treatment for your hair.
- Know your hair type: knowing your hair type will help you effectively take care of your hair. When you know your hair type, you can read about tips on how to take care of it well. For instance, your hair type might be a type 4c, 3a, etc. You can research on how articles that can teach how to know your hair type.
- Maintain a good hair care regimen: research and find out which hair care regimen will best suit your hair type and hair texture. Once you find that out, you need to stick to it and be consistent.
Do you know more hair care tips black women need to know? Kindly share them with us in the comment section below!
Ayishat Amoo is a Christ follower who is passionate about encouraging people, and motivating people to be better. She is a voracious reader, researcher, as well as a fashion enthusiast.