8 mobile phone etiquette you need to knowFebruary 12, 2017
Five Online Shopping Mistakes You Need To Stop MakingFebruary 17, 2017
Recently, I noticed some things in one of my email accounts, and I wondered if I was careful enough with my email and if I have securely protected my email.
I have heard a lot of stories about emails and the need to securely protect our emails properly. And this made me wonder and conducted research about some crucial email security tips useful for people.
And so, below are some of the email security tips you need to know:
- Use a strong password: we see this statement almost every time we want to create a new email address or a new account requiring the use of our email addresses. You need to use a very strong password, and not a simple one. You need to practice the habit of using email passwords that aren’t easy to guess. The importance of this can’t be overemphasized
- Share your email address with trusted sources only: rather than sharing your email address with everyone or on every platform online; ensure that you share your email address with trusted sources only.
- Keep your password details safe: if you write your password details somewhere, ensure that you keep it safe and that not anyone can easily access it without your consent.
- Don’t open links to websites that are not trusted or look harmful: if an email looks suspicious and it has links in it; ensure that you avoid opening such links.
- Be careful of the details you send to people via mail: be careful of the kind of details you send to people. Before sending some emails, think about other safer ways you can send the email.
- Don’t send replies to spam emails: avoid replying emails from spammers.
- Avoid opening attachments you don’t know about: sometimes some emails from spammers contain harmful attachments, avoid opening any attachment in an email from spammers.
- Be careful of the public networks you use: ensure that you use public connections or networks that are safe and secure.
- Scan email attachments: you can also start scanning email attachments before downloading them to your computer.
- Have a backup of your data: ensure that you also have a backup of your data.
- Log out and close your web browser whenever you are through using your email on your computer.