Top lawyer and diversity leader, Funke Abimbola, has been listed in the law section of Debretts 500.January 25, 2017
WorldRemit’s Executive Director & Co-Founder, Catherine Wines to attend Divas of Colour.January 27, 2017
To some people, reading more books this year is part of their New Year resolutions.
If you are someone who wants to read more books or you just want to start reading good books this year, this post is for you.
Reading good books has a lot of benefits for us, and this article will highlight some of those benefits.
Some of the benefits of reading are listed below:
- Reading can help you relax and reduce stress.
- Reading can help you in improving your analytical skills
- Reading can help you expand your vocabulary. When you read, there is the possibility that you might come across new words that you didn’t know before, and when you look up the meaning of the words, you get to now know the meaning of those words.
- Reading can also help someone focus more. For instance, when you read a book, you focus on what you are reading.
- Reading can also help someone know more about other places. For instance, through reading a novel, you can learn more about a particular country of a state.
- Reading is also entertaining. When you read an interesting and entertaining book, you feel entertained.
- Reading can help one to learn more. For instance, you can learn things like how to cook a meal, you can learn about a concept, etc. by reading a book.
- Reading can also help to improve your language skills. For instance, if you are trying to learn French, and you have started learning the language already, if you read a book written in French, you might learn more about the language.
Now that we have read some of the benefits of reading, here are some tips for those that want to read more:
- Take a book along with you when you are going out so that you can have a book to read when you are free and you want to read.
- Listen to an audio book on your phone.
- Buy eBooks to read on your phone or other devices.
- Join a good book club.
- Set daily reading goals, etc.
Do you know other benefits of reading you would like to share with us? Kindly share with us in the comment box below!