Social media, the running war between old and new.January 25, 2017
Top lawyer and diversity leader, Funke Abimbola, has been listed in the law section of Debretts 500.January 25, 2017
A pair of quality jeans is a wardrobe staple.
Whether it’s palazzo jeans, straight-leg jeans, etc, you need quality pairs of jeans. A pair of jeans is an essential wardrobe item, and as such, there is need to make sure you are taking care of them the right way you ought to.
And so, here are some tips for taking care of your jeans:
- Don’t over wash your jeans: you don’t need to wash your jeans every time you wear it, if you do this, the colour of the jeans will fade, and the jeans will look worn out. And so, before washing your jeans, ensure that you have given it a lot of time between when you last washed it and now.
- Wash your jeans inside out to keep them from fading: when you want to wash your jeans, turn it inside out and wash it, so as to keep the jeans from fading.
- Check the tag for washing instructions: one of the things to do when washing a cloth is to check the wash care label on the cloth for how best the manufacturer of the cloth says the cloth should be washed. And so, before washing your jeans, check it’s wash care label.
- Wash your jeans by hand: instead of washing your jeans with a washing machine, you can wash your jeans by hand.
- Air dry your jeans: in addition, after you finish washing your jeans, avoid putting it in a dryer, rather, air dry the jeans.
- Brush your jeans: one of the ways you can take care of your jeans is to also brush them to clean them rather than washing them every time.
- Hang your jeans in the bathroom while you shower so as to refresh them: when you need to freshen up your jeans, you can hang the pair of jeans in the bathroom while you shower.
- Soak your jeans in vinegar and water: instead of washing your jeans, you can also soak your jeans in a bucket filled with distilled vinegar and water to keep your jeans from fading, and also remove smells. You can add a small cup of distilled vinegar and add water.
Do you know other tips to look out for when taking care of jeans? Kindly share with us by dropping your comments below!
Ayishat Amoo is a Christ follower who is passionate about encouraging people, and motivating people to be better. She is a voracious reader, researcher, as well as a fashion enthusiast.