5 Unique Gift Ideas for your WifeFebruary 12, 2017
Email Security Tips you Need to KnowFebruary 16, 2017
Most of us have mobile phones and we use them often. However, do you know that there are some mobile phone etiquette you need to know?
Here are some of them:
- Avoid fiddling with your phone when others are with you: perhaps you might be in a meeting at work, or in the midst of friends and families, during a fun time together, and everyone is trying to catch up with each other and have fun, and you are the only one fiddling with your phone. That doesn’t look good. Keep your phone aside, and be present where you are.
- Disturbing others with your call: perhaps you are in the bus on your way home and you had a call from someone, you don’t have to be loud for you to communicate. Don’t disturb other people with your call, you can communicate clearly without being loud. And in situations where you can’t hear the person clearly, send a text to the person to let him or her know, and indicate your interest of calling back when you alight from the bus.
- Don’t call/text and drive: this isn’t a good thing to do. If you have to speak to someone very urgently, you can just park your car in a safe place and speak to or text whomever you want to speak with.
- Stay few metres away from others while talking on the phone: when you are in the midst of people and you receive a call you want to pick, gently stay few metres away from others and receive your call, so as not to disturb them.
- Avoid talking about personal or confidential details in public: there are some information about yourself that you need not to talk about in public, e.g your credit card details, etc.
- If your phone has to be on, put it on silence: for instance, if you are in a meeting and you have to put your phone on, you can put it on and put it on silence so it won’t disturb others if it rings.
- Avoid picking calls when you’re in a face to face conversation: try as much as possible to avoid picking calls when you are in a face to face conversation with someone, if you must pick the call excuse yourself or ask for permission from the person you are with.
- Take note of your ringtone: be careful of the kind of ringtone you use. Ensure you use a ringtone that is good and speaks well of you.