Shoggy Tosh’s ‘Pamoto’ featuring Henrisoul hits the Top 10 on The Official European Independent Music Top 20 Chart.February 17, 2017
5 things to note when buying a facial powderFebruary 18, 2017
I have heard several stories or talks that are simply misconceptions about Africa.
And so, I decided to conduct more research on some of the misconceptions about Africa.
Africa is a big and lovely continent, and you need to know Africa and hear true stories about Africa, not misconceptions!
If you haven’t visited Africa, here are some things you need to know about Africa:
- Africa isn’t a country: Africa is not a country. Africa is a continent. There are so many countries in Africa, there are 54 countries in Africa! Some of the countries in Africa are Algeria, Angola, Botswana, Cote d’Ivoire, Ethiopia, Nigeria, South Africa, Liberia, Kenya, Zimbabwe, Malawi, Ghana, Uganda, Togo, Senegal, Somalia, and so on.
- Africans aren’t illiterate: there are so many well-educated Africans. There are so many Africans bringing up inventions that are helping to solve problems in the society. There are so many Africans who have lot of educational qualifications, so many African technocrats, professors, etc.
- Not everywhere in Africa is hot: some parts in Africa might be hot, but there are countries in Africa that aren’t hot. For instance, Sutherland in South Africa, Lesotho, Morocco, and so on.
- Africa doesn’t have so many diseases: Africa doesn’t have so many diseases, what makes it look like Africa has so many diseases is because of some lack of medical facilities or infrastructure, and resources in some places in Africa.
- Africa is not poor: there are so many rich countries in Africa. There are African countries rich in different mineral resources, and have lots of natural resources.
- Africans don’t have much innovations or inventions: there are so many innovations and inventions that have come out of Africa. For instance, the Cardiopad, which is a tablet that enables heart examinations to be conducted and results sent to a specialist far away or in a different location, was invented by Arthur Zang, a Cameroonian.
- Africans speak good English: Africa has a lot of good English-speaking countries and some of them are Uganda, South Africa, Nigeria, Kenya, Zambia, and so on.
- All Africans don’t live in mud houses: have you seen the beautiful architecture in Africa? Have you visited Ethiopia, Nigeria, Ghana, and other countries in Africa?