However, you need to remember that it is not enough to put your hair in a protective style, you need to ensure you do it well.
As a matter of fact, you need to take care of your hair before a protective style, while carrying a protective style, and after you remove the protective style.
Don’t think a protective style is an excuse to not take care of your hair.
First, what is a protective style?
A protective style is a hairstyle that helps you to protect your hair from external factors, it can also help you retain your hair length and hair moisture.
Whether you are trying to prepare your hair for a protective style such as braids, weaves, low manipulation hairstyles, etc., here are some of the ways you can prepare your hair for such styles:
1. Don’t forget to allow your hair breathe: before you make a protective style. For instance, if you just loosened one protective style, give your hair some time before you make another protective style.
2. Cleanse your hair: you also need to cleanse your hair. You can use a shampoo to wash your hair so as to make your hair clean before you wear a protective style.
3. Condition: you also need to condition your hair after you cleanse your hair with shampoo. Use a good conditioner free of harmful ingredients for your hair.
4. Deep condition your hair: deep conditioning your hair is also important. You need to ensure that you deep condition your hair because it has a lot of benefits for your hair.
5. Moisturize and seal your hair: after you deep condition your hair, you need to moisturize your hair and then seal it so as to lock in moisture. You can moisturize your hair with a good moisturizer, preferably, a water-based moisturizer or your leave-in conditioner or water. Then you can also oil your hair and then seal with cream, with oils or shea butter.
6. Get a good hairstylist: in addition, you need to find a good stylist for your hair. Someone who will understand how to handle your hair the right way.
What else does someone need to do before making a protective style? Kindly share with us in the comment box below!