Bristol photographer named world’s best Natural World photographer at 2017 Sony World Photography AwardsApril 22, 2017
C. Hub Magazine 30 Creative Influencers Under 30, 2017 (9): Meet Eddie Resphanto – 29 years oldApril 23, 2017
One of the things I love about Africa is the amount of change and advancement that has come our way.
I mean, you hear a lot about beautiful things happening, new businesses providing solutions that people really need. We hear and read about creative people who are putting Africa on the map!
Photo Credit http://www.iammariaborges.com
Maria Borges; Angola’s Top Fashion Model is one of the creative people putting Africa on the map, and here are 10 things you need to know about her:
- In November 2015, she became the first person to rock an afro at Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show.
- Maria Borges is the first African woman of the Century to be on the cover of Elle USA
- Maria Borges was named Forbes Africa Magazine’s top model of 2013.
- Maria Borges was born and raised in Angola; a country in Southern Africa and raised by her siblings during the Angolan civil war.
- In 2012, Maria Borges debuted her first Fashion Week where she walked 17 runway shows.
- Maria Borges has walked the runway for so many top fashion designers.
- Maria Borges has graced the covers of so many international fashion magazines.
- Maria Borges is a brand ambassador for L’Oréal Paris
- She was born in October 28, 1992.
- She finds time to work out!